XF 2.2 Merge two boards?

Like the other thread says, you need to import one XF installation into the other--size or content are irrelevant. (Other than importing large boards will take more time than smaller ones.)

It's not like everything is dumped into one forum, though. The imported forums have new, specific forum IDs so if you have two identically named forums, one won't have its content dumped into the other. I believe the imported forums are also kept viewable only to the admin, so it gives you time to sort through everything and prepare it for public use.

One thing that will change is that the XF board you are importing into the other will have new post and thread IDs assigned, as they cannot clash. I also think that users will not be merged automatically, but I think you might be able to choose to merge users based on email addresses matching, for instance. One of the XF staff could clarify all of this.

It might take some work after the import, but you could end up with what you need if you take a little time to prepare for it. If you have the capability, make copies of both and try a test import so you can see what happens. Perhaps it might work for you.

Like the other thread says, you need to import one XF installation into the other--size or content are irrelevant. (Other than importing large boards will take more time than smaller ones.)

It's not like everything is dumped into one forum, though. The imported forums have new, specific forum IDs so if you have two identically named forums, one won't have its content dumped into the other. I believe the imported forums are also kept viewable only to the admin, so it gives you time to sort through everything and prepare it for public use.

One thing that will change is that the XF board you are importing into the other will have new post and thread IDs assigned, as they cannot clash. I also think that users will not be merged automatically, but I think you might be able to choose to merge users based on email addresses matching, for instance. One of the XF staff could clarify all of this.

It might take some work after the import, but you could end up with what you need if you take a little time to prepare for it. If you have the capability, make copies of both and try a test import so you can see what happens. Perhaps it might work for you.
I think you answered my question.

Top Bottom