Lack of interest Merge Several Features

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

=MGN=RedEagle

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Recent Activity shows a mixture of different activity - the other two obviously are more specific. Personally I'd hate to see the two specific ones lost in favour of Recent Activity.

Why have overlap though? Maybe each could serve a different function and we could have one page where all are combined in a palatable way?

Because Recent Activity is just that - showing a list of everything - where the other two are specific to Posts and/or Profiles. I think they're palatable enough as they stand. They perform exactly as they should.

Why have overlap though? Maybe each could serve a different function and we could have one page where all are combined in a palatable way?
And they do serve different functions . . .and the one page where they're all combined is Recent Activity o_O

Because Recent Activity is just that - showing a list of everything - where the other two are specific to Posts and/or Profiles. I think they're palatable enough as they stand. They perform exactly as they should.
For the not-so-tech savvy, it's hard to understand how to inteact with https://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/. Before I build sites I get grandmas together (yes I am serious :D) to tell me what they think and that seemed to really confuse them.

It's not really hard - Recent Activity is all Recent Activity on the site - profile posts, normal posts, new threads, likes (I think). Profile Posts.. is a list of profile posts made and New Posts is new posts that have been made.

If you make software usable for those bad with it, it could redefine simplicity. I find myself falling into the geek trap of assuming people will know how to use something because I made something like some other things on the web.

EDIT: Also ironically 60+ women is the target audience for one of my websites.

If you make software usable for those bad with it, it could redefine simplicity. I find myself falling into the geek trap of assuming people will know how to use something because I made something like some other things on the web.

The software is simple to use right now. All you need to do is add some threads explaining the (apparently) more complex function.

Top Bottom