• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

mercGallery Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

mercGallery Lite Version 0.9.0

This is the first alpha release of the light version of my gallery. It still has a fair bit to do before a stable release but I thought I would get it out early.

This gallery is designed to be simple and effective. You have categories (or albums if you like?) and images. Images have descriptions. That is the main concept.

How to get this early version working and what not to do
  1. Upload and install
  2. Go to permissions and give yourself the ability to add images
  3. Go to admin -> applications -> create category and create your first category
  4. Go to gallery -> upload (in the public area) and upload your first image
  5. The categories won't show without any images in it, after the above steps you should see it in action
  6. Don't upload images with spaces in their filenames, the thumbnails won't work. This will obviously be fixed soon
  7. Remember this is an alpha and if something goes wrong it is expected
To-Do
  • add permissions other then the one for uploading new images
  • add cron jobs to get rid of anything that isn't used
  • add maintenance functions to make things run a little faster
  • add functions to move images so when you delete a category it can move any images into another category if selected
  • ability to actually delete an image
  • error messages
  • phrases instead of hardcoded strings
  • allow to change the url of the public area
  • renaming and moving files/classes
  • ability to disable completely
  • next/prev links
  • new lightbox integration when XF updates it
  • popular/latest pages done, including sidebar
  • sidebar areas on pages depending on which ones are selected in admin
  • change where the admin settings are and some names
  • ability to set the thumbnail size
  • have images in the data folder and accessed through the images title and id instead of directly to the file

Attachments

• mercGallery.zip
    mercGallery.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 60
  • mercGalleryLite1.webp
    mercGalleryLite1.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 134
  • mercGalleryLite2.webp
    mercGalleryLite2.webp
    24 KB · Views: 60
  • mercGalleryLite3.webp
    mercGalleryLite3.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 55
I know KingKovifor is doing a gallery addon too but finally someone released a gallery :D There is a long "to do" list but at least it out now. I'll be keeping my eyes on this one. Thanks Robbo, keep up the good work :)

I know KingKovifor is doing a gallery addon too but finally someone released a gallery :D There is a long "to do" list but at least it out now. I'll be keeping my eyes on this one. Thanks Robbo, keep up the good work :)
Yeah but most of the stuff on the list is fairly straight forward. This mod is designed to be straight forward and simple. For my needs, some people don't need all the bloat of a big gallery mod. And if you do, well then you will just have to wait for me to release the non lite version ;)

Yeah but most of the stuff on the list is fairly straight forward. This mod is designed to be straight forward and simple. For my needs, some people don't need all the bloat of a big gallery mod. And if you do, well then you will just have to wait for me to release the non lite version ;)

I'm in no hurry :) With the limitation that was mentioned and the alfa state it's better for me to wait a bit longer. Perhaps until then King Kovifor will release his gallery, who knows :)

Wow you know what I love about this? Is that there's no overkill, it's perfect and simple. I'd love to see some work with Jaxel's portal such as Latest images widget, or even a modification to the sidebar . Looking forward to this:)

Install OK
Persmission OK
but
Code:
move_uploaded_file(gallery-images/5-allan.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
move_uploaded_file() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryImageData.php at line 79
Merc_DataWriter_GalleryImageData->_moveImageFile() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryImageData.php at line 72
Merc_DataWriter_GalleryImageData->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Merc/ControllerPublic/Gallery.php at line 465
Merc_ControllerPublic_Gallery->actionDoUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/index.php at line 15

I am watching this addon. Something I am really wanting to have on my forum.
I am sure an import tool from vb4/3 photo albums would be a really good thing for some us.

Install OK
Persmission OK
but
Code:
move_uploaded_file(gallery-images/5-allan.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
move_uploaded_file() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryImageData.php at line 79
Merc_DataWriter_GalleryImageData->_moveImageFile() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryImageData.php at line 72
Merc_DataWriter_GalleryImageData->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Merc/ControllerPublic/Gallery.php at line 465
Merc_ControllerPublic_Gallery->actionDoUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/index.php at line 15
Hmmm not sure why that is happening. Try checking the gallery-images and gallery-images/thumbnails folders permissions.

I am watching this addon. Something I am really wanting to have on my forum.
I am sure an import tool from vb4/3 photo albums would be a really good thing for some us.
Importers will come. They will use the XF importer infrastructure as I already know how to use it. I just need to know where the images are stored and the database structure to make them really. This won't be done until after 1.0 releases.

mercgallerylite1-jpg.8582

Looking Good.

Suggestions:

New images show up as an entry in "New Posts" and Member Activity.
Allow comment thread for images, which bumps up the image "thread" in New Posts.
Consider a setup such that when someone clicks on a "Image thread" in New Posts, they aren't sent to the Gallery.
Instead they view the photo or group of photos in the FORUM.

Others:
To get some SEO goodness, work with that "Long Tail" addon.

Looking Good.

Suggestions:

* New images show up as an entry in "New Posts" and Member Activity.
* Allow comment thread for images, which bumps up the image "thread" in New Posts.
* Consider a setup such that when someone clicks on a "Image thread" in New Posts, they aren't sent to the Gallery.
* Instead they view the photo or group of photos in the FORUM.

Others:
* To get some SEO goodness, work with that "Long Tail" addon.

* Good idea, but that will be for the Full version
* Comments were planned for the Full version
* I don't understand that? :S
* Well, that's not the original design, we're gonna keep it at the "Gallery" tab :)

* SEO will also be for the Full version I guess.

Not working for me, because the image src is false!

You should remove all the starting slashes "/" from the image src url!
for example

because the src is getting to :

http://localhost/gallery-images/1-schneespaziergang 334.JPG
instead of
http://localhost/xf/upload/gallery-images/1-schneespaziergang 334.JPG

I will fix that immediately in the dev zone.
EDIT: Done.

Anyone have this working on a live site? I would love to see it in action. :)
I'd install it for you, but that would likely require the last beta of XenForo as well and I'm just too lazy to update that as well right now. :P

Sorry guys. Development on this is going to be slowed for a while due to unexpected circumstances. I will try get back to it as soon as possible.

Next version is almost ready. Just need to finish permissions and a couple functions. Will put it into beta and after that should just need testing and then the lightbox integration will come in the second beta.

Just a bit of an update ^ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom