merc NUNS (New User Notification System) [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, does this let you specify default 'first post' of the conversation? The screenshot doesn't show any place to do that :|

Okay, does this let you specify default 'first post' of the conversation? The screenshot doesn't show any place to do that :|
they have all a "special" prefix, so it's easy to find them

Attachments

• nuns.webp
    nuns.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
ragtek, does this still require your framework? Just curious as I may need to install this in the near future.

ragtek, does this still require your framework? Just curious as I may need to install this in the near future.
I've changed some priorities, that's why NUNS without Add-on Helper Framework requirement should be available soon² ;)

I've completly forgotten, that there's also a direct link to this feature (that's the main reason, why the add-on helper framework was required...

In NUNS 1.3 it will be included in the core

Attachments

• edit phrase.webp
    edit phrase.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
Soooo ragetk, new bug report. It appears that whoever is set to send the welcome PM to users, gets marked as having logged in from that user's account. I have a MASSIVE list of IP addresses under my account as my user is the one which is used to send the PMs.

Soooo ragetk, new bug report. It appears that whoever is set to send the welcome PM to users, gets marked as having logged in from that user's account. I have a MASSIVE list of IP addresses under my account as my user is the one which is used to send the PMs.
i know this.

there was a discussion in the past and people wanted it this way, now it's up to robbo to decide how we should continue /if it will be changed in the core

(but i'll check this and post a way to remove this)

i know this.

there was a discussion in the past and people wanted it this way, now it's up to robbo to decide how we should continue /if it will be changed in the core

(but i'll check this and post a way to remove this)
Well, that seems like a silly "feature" to keep. How am I supposed to know what IP I actually posted from! I guess that was on the old discussion area. :P

Well, that seems like a silly "feature" to keep. How am I supposed to know what IP I actually posted from! I guess that was on the old discussion area. :p
i'm not sure, but i think it was because the users ip wasn't saved after the registration, so there was at least 1 ip saved from the new user..

but yea, now it makes absolutly no sense,that's why i removed it for the next release

i'm not sure, but i think it was because the users ip wasn't saved after the registration, so there was at least 1 ip saved from the new user..

but yea, now it makes absolutly no sense,that's why i removed it for the next build
Great! Now I just need to figure out how to remove the thousands of IP addresses under my account... hmmm.

Hey Ragtek, I am a premium member and want to update my copy of this mod on my site...still using v1.1.1 and framework v1.1.10 BETA4...how do I go about getting the update so I can remove the framework as well...thanks

Hey Ragtek, I am a premium member and want to update my copy of this mod on my site...still using v1.1.1 and framework v1.1.10 BETA4...how do I go about getting the update so I can remove the framework as well...thanks
pls see my started conversation:)

OK, the version I have, which appears to be current, has a significant bug. I have it set to start a new thread when someone registers as a member. Since that thread is started by me, it seems that NUNS appends my IP number to the member's account. So if we have to remove that member because of spam, suddenly I'm presented with a dialog listing my IP as part of that person's use, evidently. So how do we deal with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom