merc NUNS (New User Notification System) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ragtek

ragtek submitted a new resource:

merc NUNS (New User Notification System) (version 1.2) - Welcome your new members with an Thread/Post/Profile Post/Conversation

As part of moving my add-ons to Mercenary Design, Robbo and i are very happy to present the next add-on release (first one: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/minimum-post-length.388/ )

This add-on allows you to create a welcome thread, welcome post, and/or welcome profile post.
It's also possible to start a welcome conversation and to send a notification mail to your team members about the new registered user!
View attachment 27022

We're providing...
Read more about this resource...

Badboy

lol 15$? I have bought a Premium Membership on ragtek.org, and now i should pay for this Addon too?

R

ragtek

lol 15$? I have bought a Premium Membership on ragtek.org, and now i should pay for this Addon too?
Did you read the description?;)

(Attention: Everybody who is a premium user @ragtek.org doesn't need to update to this version!
We've only changed the add-on name and version number
We'll inform you, once there's a new version with new features...)
Of course nobody with an premium membership needs to pay for this version!

All the premium users will be imported to http://mercenarydesign.com.au/ soon

Gene Steinberg

Glad to see you're back in the game. This add-on is worth every dollar and then some. It's a great way to welcome new members into a forum community and increase participation. I recommend it to all XenForo forum admins without hesitation.

Gene Steinberg

I went through sort of a burn out some years ago; as a book author, I was churning out four or five a year (really!). Finally, it was just too much for so little return.

Edrondol

If you buy a premium membership on his site, you get all of the apps. At least that how I read it.

Edrondol

Buying a premium at his site is disabled? Whoa. I just looked at that this morning. Mere hours ago. Maybe I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger.

R

ragtek

It's disabled since some days because of the movement process to http://mercenarydesign.com.au/

And as i posted already, once we finished the moving to mercenarydesign all existing premium users will be imported and get 1 year access to ALL the moved add-ons from ragtek.org to mercenarydesign.com.au

Gwynei

I got a question regarding the add-on.

When people register in my web-based game, they get a forum account automatically using the DataWriter API.

Does the notification system also triggers correctly when the new users is created with this API, instead of a user registering manually in XenForo?

R

ragtek

I got a question regarding the add-on.

When people register in my web-based game, they get a forum account automatically using the DataWriter API.

Does the notification system also triggers correctly when the new users is created with this API, instead of a user registering manually in XenForo?
yes. this add-on "is hooked" to the xenforo user datawriter, BUT if you have problems, i'm sure that i could change the code of this add-on for you, because the notifications won't be sent automatic on creating of new users, instead they're "fired" after the user state changes

Gwynei

The plugin installed fine. When I manually change the user state, it works. When I use my DataWriter function to create a user, there is no topic created. This is my code I'm using:

PHP:
function XenForoAddUser($username,$email,$location,$password)
{
global $fileDir;
$startTime = microtime(true);

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);
XenForo_Application::disablePhpErrorHandler();

$writer = XenForo_DataWriter::create('XenForo_DataWriter_User');

$writer->set('username', $username);
$writer->set('email', $email);
$writer->set('location', $location);
$writer->set('signature', '[IMG]http://gtracer.net/userbanner/'.$username.'.png[/IMG]');
$writer->setPassword($password,$password);
$writer->set('user_group_id', XenForo_Model_User::$defaultRegisteredGroupId);
$writer->save();
}
So basically, the user gets created, but the welcome topic doesn't. :)

R

ragtek

The plugin installed fine. When I manually change the user state, it works. When I use my DataWriter function to create a user, there is no topic created. This is my code I'm using:
check our last conversation;)

Gwynei

Thanks ragtek for helping me out, it finally works!

I do have another issue though. I changed the phrases in the admin panel, for example, I changed 'ragtek_NUNS_text_welcomethread_message'

To:

'Please welcome {username} to the GTRacer community!'

But still it's the master value that shows up in the created thread.

Any ideas?

R

ragtek

Thanks ragtek for helping me out, it finally works!

I do have another issue though. I changed the phrases in the admin panel, for example, I changed 'ragtek_NUNS_text_welcomethread_message'

To:

'Please welcome {username} to the GTRacer community!'

But still it's the master value that shows up in the created thread.

Any ideas?
did you change it in the right language? (and not master language)

Gwynei

I only have one language installed, English (US)

I will wait untill the first new users registers in-game, to make sure it wasn't a cache problem or something.

R

ragtek

OK, then it's again something with your automatic user creating function:(

today i have no time for this, but i'll try to reproduce it as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.