Memcached problem

vexx

Heys,

I tried to configure memcached on my new XF installation today, with no luck. Memcached is installed, I have another site on this server that uses it with no problem.

memcached.webp

The config.php settings look like this:

Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;

$config['cache']['provider'] = 'Memcached';

$config['cache']['config'] = [

'server' => '127.0.0.1',

'port' => '11333'

];

The error in Apache's errorlog is:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'LogicException' with message 'Cannot load Memcached cache provider without Memcached' in /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/CacheFactory.php:150\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/CacheFactory.php(69): XF\\CacheFactory->createMemcachedCache(Array)\n#1 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/CacheFactory.php(24): XF\\CacheFactory->instantiate('Memcached', Array)\n#2 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/App.php(472): XF\\CacheFactory->create('Memcached', Array)\n#3 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\\App->XF\\{closure}(Object(XF\\Container))\n#4 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/App.php(494): XF\\Container->offsetGet('cache')\n#5 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\\App->XF\\{closure}(Object(XF\\Container))\n#6 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/App.php(1393): XF\\Container->offsetGet('registry')\n#7 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\\App->XF\\{closure}(Object(XF\\Container))\n#8 /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/App.php(1213): XF\\Container->offsetGet('extension.list in /home/forum/public_html/src/XF/CacheFactory.php on line 150

Is there anything I'm missing?

I already have memcache installed via PECL
Yes, they are totally separate extensions.

Technically there are wrappers for both, but we only expose a helper system to configure one of them. You'd need custom initialization code to use the Memcache-based one.

Top Bottom