1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Membership site

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by billybatz9, Jun 11, 2013.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Anyone have a membership site using xenforo? Is there a special mod for subscriptions or something like that?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

What do you mean a membership site?

A site where you need to pay to access? If I were doing it, I would lock it all down so that registered users can only buy upgrades, and cannot view any nodes.

Then they have to buy the upgrade.

3. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Active Member

User Upgrades (Paid Subscriptions) is part of XF, you can use this functionality to 'promote' users to different groups once they have paid via PayPal, which would then have access to areas of the forum you have defined.

We do this for certain sections of our forum as part of club membership.

HTH,
    Dave.

4. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Is there a way to give them membership badges on there profiles? So people can recognize who the membership people are when replying to a post and etc on regular forums?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Template modifications + secondary user groups.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

I assume your badge is (staff member) ?

8. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

9. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Active Member

His badge is indeed staff member, it's a native feature in 1.2, we also made a point of changing the username colour too (and reflect this in the who's online block).

Dave.

10. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Hey guys, just a few more questions about the membership part for xenforo...
    1) Are there other payments aloud other than just paypal?
    2) If someone chooses "subscription to re-occur", will the money be taken automatically, or will that person have to approve it first?
    3) If someones membership expires, will they receive an email saying it expired, and giving them an option to renew?

11. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1. By default, no. There are addons to add more.
    2. Yes, it will be charged automatically.
    3. There are suggestions for this.

13. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Active Member

3. There is a reminder email add-on available. You can set the amount of days before it reminds I believe.

I've also put an image in the side block to show if they are a member (usergroup based) with a link to how to join etc..

Dave.

14. principia

principia Well-Known Member

This addon doesnt work for me. :(

15. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Active Member

I'm assuming it still works for me, haven't checked it in a while though!

Maybe best to take this to the relevant resource page? :)