Membership site

billybatz9

Anyone have a membership site using xenforo? Is there a special mod for subscriptions or something like that?

What do you mean a membership site?

A site where you need to pay to access? If I were doing it, I would lock it all down so that registered users can only buy upgrades, and cannot view any nodes.

Then they have to buy the upgrade.

Anyone have a membership site using xenforo? Is there a special mod for subscriptions or something like that?

User Upgrades (Paid Subscriptions) is part of XF, you can use this functionality to 'promote' users to different groups once they have paid via PayPal, which would then have access to areas of the forum you have defined.

We do this for certain sections of our forum as part of club membership.

HTH,
Dave.

Is there a way to give them membership badges on there profiles? So people can recognize who the membership people are when replying to a post and etc on regular forums?

His badge is indeed staff member, it's a native feature in 1.2, we also made a point of changing the username colour too (and reflect this in the who's online block).

Dave.

Hey guys, just a few more questions about the membership part for xenforo...
1) Are there other payments aloud other than just paypal?
2) If someone chooses "subscription to re-occur", will the money be taken automatically, or will that person have to approve it first?
3) If someones membership expires, will they receive an email saying it expired, and giving them an option to renew?

1. By default, no. There are addons to add more.
2. Yes, it will be charged automatically.
3. There are suggestions for this.

3. There is a reminder email add-on available. You can set the amount of days before it reminds I believe.

I've also put an image in the side block to show if they are a member (usergroup based) with a link to how to join etc..

Dave.

3. There is a reminder email add-on available. You can set the amount of days before it reminds I believe.

I've also put an image in the side block to show if they are a member (usergroup based) with a link to how to join etc..

Dave.

This addon doesnt work for me. :(

Top Bottom