XF 1.4 Members Styles

DaveM

How do I force all members to use the forum default style without having to delete the XF default style that the might still be using.

Where do you see that?

The database record doesn't change but the style applied when they are browsing will be the only user selectable one, or the default style.

Well this is till a problem by the looks of it and I am now stumped.

My Style setup looks like this

upload_2015-7-8_5-23-0.webp

The Style Stats add on shows this

upload_2015-7-8_5-24-3.webp

upload_2015-7-8_5-24-34.webp

The members profile show this

upload_2015-7-8_5-25-43.webp

Brogan's pointing out that despite having it selected, it's checked at run time. They will see the style you have set to them and this is what will be reflected to them; they have no knowledge of any disabled styles. It does not change the value in the database as you may re-enable the style. If you want values in the database to change, you do indeed need to delete the style.

Brogan's pointing out that despite having it selected, it's checked at run time. They will see the style you have set to them and this is what will be reflected to them; they have no knowledge of any disabled styles. It does not change the value in the database as you may re-enable the style. If you want values in the database to change, you do indeed need to delete the style.
@Mike ...

Wouldn't this be considered a minor bug?

Anything that relies directly on the user's style ID would have the wrong information when a style is made unselectable unless it checks that the style is selectable. And that means another database query at run time to do that.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that the user table be updated to change the user's style ID to the current default style if the style they have selected is no longer selectable?

So in the same light if you change the default style to another one for what ever reason only new members would be assigned to the new default style. There might be times for what ever reason you might want to force all members into using a the alternate style.

So in the same light if you change the default style to another one for what ever reason only new members would be assigned to the new default style
As per my original response to this thread:
Uncheck all styles for user selection, except the one you want them to use.

That will force all members (other than administrators) to use the same style.

Any members who have the "default style" selected, will automatically use the style you set as default.

As per my original response to this thread:

Yes I know what you previous response was but that does not make it correct and in my case it cased an issue.

That will force all members (other than administrators) to use the same style.

Any member who have the "default style" selected, will automatically use the style you set as default.

Well yes this is the idea behind changing it in the first place.

Top Bottom