XF 1.4 Members Styles

DaveM

How do I force all members to use the forum default style without having to delete the XF default style that the might still be using.

It didn't cause an issue, other than listing the style which was registered in the database for the member.

The style they see when they log in is still the one you have set as default.

I suggest you create a test account and log in with that to see how it works.

The issue you're seeing is really an issue with an add-on. It can handle this situation pretty easily. (It's not clear if it handles the "use default style" option as well.)

As per my original response to this thread:

That will force all members (other than administrators) to use the same style.

Any members who have the "default style" selected, will automatically use the style you set as default.

Yes I know what you previous response was but that does not make it correct and in my case it cased an issue.

Well yes this is the idea behind changing it in the first place.
That is true so long as the user has never changed styles and the default '0' is in the user's style ID field.

If the user has manually changed styles at some point and switches back to the default style, the user's style ID field shows '1'.

It didn't cause an issue, other than listing the style which was registered in the database for the member.

The style they see when they log in is still the one you have set as default.

I suggest you create a test account and log in with that to see how it works.

It caused an issue because the members are able to see what style other are using as in Snogs add on. So I had given notice that we will no longer be using the XF Default Style however I was then asked how Joe Blog can use it and I cannot.

This was because the users using a style can be seen by others as in the screen shots already posted. So because of it being an issue I created this thread otherwise I don't think it would have been anything that one would have noticed.

The issue you're seeing is really an issue with an add-on. It can handle this situation pretty easily. (It's not clear if it handles the "use default style" option as well.)
Yes, it is. And it stems from the incorrect information in the user's style ID field. (IE: a style that is no longer available for selection is in the user table)

I have already updated to compensate for the wrong information being in that field.

We're talking about two different things here and that's confusing matters...

Issue 1:
A unselectable style is incorrectly in the user table. If a style is unselectable then a user can't be using that style and it shouldn't be in the user table.

Issue 2:
Default style changes. Which is not a problem unless the site owner wants to globally force a change to a new default style. Then that relies on the user style ID being 0. If the user has manually selected the old default (1) and it is still available, the user is not forced to use the new default style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom