Members still see 'old' template

Divinum Fiat

Schmitz was so kind to help me get back to the XF template, which I now see. But somehow the members are still seeing the old red Flexile style. I know they can choose the template (bottom left), but do I have to tell all members to clear their cache or to choose the new skin? Isn't this supposed to happen automatically?

Schmitz was so kind to help me get back to the XF template, which I now see. But somehow the members are still seeing the old red Flexile style. I know they can choose the template (bottom left), but do I have to tell all members to clear their cache or to choose the new skin? Isn't this supposed to happen automatically?

If you set the default XenForo style as default then all users should see that automatically unless they have chosen the custom style from the style chooser at the bottom. If you delete the custom style or make it unselecatable, all users that have chosen that style will be reverted back to the default.

or you can run this query to force all users to the default style:

Code:
UPDATE `xf_user` SET style_id = 0;

If you are using another db prefix other than xf_, enter that instead.

Thank you both!

I selected the XF style as the default style but how do I make the other style non-selected to members? (not quite sure where and how to run that query Borbole). ;)

You can run the query at the phpmyadmin in the CP of your host. Go to the db that your forum resides on and then click the SQL tab.

But that is as a last resort. First try to make the custom style unselectable. If that won''t work for some reason, then you can run the query.

So I take it you can't uncheck the default?? I mean, yea, you can, but it still will give them the choice and will still revert back to it if chosen.

ETA: ah...yea, got the error message. ok..nevermind..

Just when I had went past this and was carrying on with something else.....

Let's say that you make a new style and you don't want anyone to be able to use the default...obviously you can't uncheck the Allow user selection for the default style as you will get an error message saying you can't.

But, when you're in the node tree edit page, there is a check mark for override user style choice. Underneath it uses the term visitor.

Is that specifically for visitors (ie; not logged in) or anyone? If you go to each category ( or even each forum) and check that and specify your new style, would anyone be able to view your site in default mode?

I'm guessing you want to be able to work on a style without others having access to it?

Administrators can access styles which aren't available to regular members.
So just have two styles, one for everyone else and one which you'e working on, ensuring you uncheck Allow user selection.

Top Bottom