XF 2.2 Merge Old Template

htsumer

I hope I could explain.
I'm fixing a code in the part of the ads. It doesn't update when I save. However, when I merge the template named _ads, it gets updated. I started having this problem after 2.2.11.
Example: I wrote this on ads i recorded
1669419121182.webp
Home Page Renewed

1669418684712.png
Nothing changed.
Then I came to the old templates
1669419221327.webp
I said merge.
I refreshed the main page
and the update in the code is out.
1669418835321.png
Why isn't this updating right away?

Attachments

• 1669418596200.webp
    1669418596200.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1669418758216.webp
    1669418758216.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
When I say merge old template, the ad appears. Boredom I have to merge old template on every update
That's really not unusual if you have manually updated the template itself.
If you are using the built-in ads format, then that should not happen, or if you are using an add-on and it's happening you need to address it to the add-on developer.
If using the built in, then I suggest submitting a ticket.

Last edited:
If you edit the _ads template, then it won't automatically update when you update the actual ads in the admin panel. It'll just keep showing outdated. You need to go into the _ads template and revert it (save any edits you might have in there). Future edits should always be done in the Setup -> Ads area, not the template.

Revert the _ads template to the default.

Then resave your ads.

The _ads template should never be manually edited - it is populated automatically.

If you edit the _ads template, then it won't automatically update when you update the actual ads in the admin panel. It'll just keep showing outdated. You need to go into the _ads template and revert it (save any edits you might have in there). Future edits should always be done in the Setup -> Ads area, not the template.

Revert the _ads template to the default.

Then resave your ads.

The _ads template should never be manually edited - it is populated automatically.

You are amazing. Problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom