Members should not be able to lock conversations with mods

Martok

Members should not be able to lock conversations with mods/admins
Why not? What's the reasoning behind this? (They can only lock conversations they have started, they can't lock other conversations and it doesn't prevent moderators from starting a conversation with them).

dethfire

Why not? What's the reasoning behind this?
Members should not be able to control the flow of discourse with staff. I've now had multiple times where a member starts a conversation with a mod/admin that requires a reply but the member has locked the conversation. It's very frustrating and a waste of time to start a new conversation with that member.

PaulK

I have to agree with dethfire. I just started using XF again after a long break and didn't know this was possible, it shouldn't be. A troublesome member could easily use this ability to intentionally irritate staff members.

Bionic Rooster

It might be tricky try to single out one or more user groups a member could not close a conversation on. I don't know how that works. But this works very effectively, just ban the troublesome member.

dethfire

Still an issue. I have members locking conversations with staff before staff can resolve issues with the. Super super frustrating.