Member's Reception to xenForo?

I made that mistake once.

Never again. I keep getting bugged about when we are switching. :)

It might have been because of the HYS video that Kier did.

No dropping it as a surprise on everyone but the Admins ;) The whinging will be epic when certainly members discover we no longer have an arcade.

We will see.. they will either like it or not. I hope they value the community enough to simply give it a try.

Jan 1st 2011 my community is 10 years old, first year we run other forum software, vBulletin ever since, and why not celebrate by improving the forum engine yet again?

We will see where xenforo helps us take us, I think our members will like it, and if not, then so be it. The community grows in the direction the content and users take it - it's only our task as site owners to do the best we can.

I'll be a good test board because I'm putting it on an unused domain that has no ranking and I don't have a theme, content, niche, SEO (other than what's provided by XenForo), or really anything at all besides a small group of people who've stuck together for five years now. If XenForo can give us a jolt of life, then it's not just software, it's magic.

I'll be a good test board because I'm putting it on an unused domain that has no ranking and I don't have a theme, content, niche, SEO (other than what's provided by XenForo), or really anything at all besides a small group of people who've stuck together for five years now. If XenForo can give us a jolt of life, then it's not just software, it's magic.

We're hoping for a similar dose of that magic for one site.. at one stage it was hugely active, if not a huge member base, going to try to breathe some life into the old girl. :D Should be interesting.

I've shown this to the main admin on a site that were are planning on upgrading (degrade from VB4 due to issues). They were more than receptive to the idea of changing the boards, more over, they just took a look around on this board and saw how great it was thus far. Switching over won't happen until at least V1 - Gold has been released, but right now we are going to be purchasing it and running tests on performance and how well it merges with our current database.

We're hoping for a similar dose of that magic for one site.. at one stage it was hugely active, if not a huge member base, going to try to breathe some life into the old girl. :D Should be interesting.

I wasn't planning on getting new software of any kind, let alone starting another forum - I was going to stick with 3.8 and let that forum die of natural causes. :D

One day the users will log onto the site and there it'll be :). The admins and other peeps who do bits for the site know and have had a look here though.

One day the users will log onto the site and there it'll be :). The admins and other peeps who do bits for the site know and have had a look here though.
That's how ours is going to be. The main Admins (we have subadmins too) will be going over the new forum on one of my hosts and we'll inspect it and drool over it. Then like kids coming home from school to a huge surprise, the members will come home to a brand-new forum!

All of the staff that work on my site have known about XF for about a month now (some longer than that). I also intend to put up a test XF install for the staff to play with. We won't be asking our users whether we should switch to XF or not, there are far too many of them and it would just become a big confusing bun fight! Luckily we have some very creative staff and we will produce our own "How to" videos, once the conversion is done. Like others, our conversion will just happen, although supported by video and FAQ resources (plus the guidance of the excellent staff).

Top Bottom