XF 2.2 Members can't see PWA install option

Andy.N

I installed beta 1 on my site at https://quantnet.com and was able to install the PWA on my Android and Chrome browser laptop.
2 members said that they don't see the option to install PWA.
Can anyone here let me know if the option is available for you?
Thanks

Looks like you have to be on an Android device and using chrome?
Not necessarily.

Additionally, as with push notifications, these features are only available on devices and browsers that fully support PWAs. Would you care to take a guess as to what the most notable exceptions might be? As you may have suspected, once again Safari on macOS and any iOS-based browsers are the culprits due to Apple's ongoing failure to implement industry standards. While Safari on both macOS and iOS does support graceful offline handling, it does not support installation or badging (more on that below) at this time.

I have this same issue. Admin console says requirements are met and things should be good to go but no option to install appears. I gave it about a week and still nothing. Cleared cache on all browsers and still nothing. Do I need to do anything to make this happen? Yes this is on android and windows.

Looking at your site, I don't see the manifest in the template source, so it looks to me like you have outdated templates (and thus don't have the 2.2 changes that are expected).

Looking at your site, I don't see the manifest in the template source, so it looks to me like you have outdated templates (and thus don't have the 2.2 changes that are expected).
So is that something I can fix or is it simply a matter of waiting for the style author to update the style to 2.2?

hello, i have the requirements for PWA, i see that in the admin control panel, but no "install" button appear in the top bar, nor in the desktop nor in the mobile (iOS)

Immagine 2020-10-13 091139.webp

is missing something with me?
i'm using an updated style from UIX2 themehouse for xen v2.2

I have the same problem also, on 2 forums. It works fine on Chrome for desktop, passes tests, but I cant get it to come up on Chrome for Android. (and I tried multiple phones/devices) I set the first one up 11 days ago, and the second was 3 days ago.

DCMS: It doesnt work on IOS, as far as I know. Apple isnt supporting the standard yet.

ok, but almost on dektop i'm expect that it can work...
Yours works fine on desktop and mobile
As has been posted numerous times, it can take up to 24 hours to show in your browser.

I have the same problem also, on 2 forums. It works fine on Chrome for desktop, passes tests, but I cant get it to come up on Chrome for Android. (and I tried multiple phones/devices) I set the first one up 11 days ago, and the second was 3 days ago.
Both of your sites also work fine (for me) on desktop and mobile.

If it's not showing for you after this much time then it must be an issue with your browser/profile.

Thanks for checking. They are working now!

There isn't a pop up invitation or anything, but I do see it at the very bottom of the hamburger menu. The pop up to enable push notifications covers the menu option and button, to install the PWA. It shows for a fraction of a second when I was scrolling, which is how I found it.

It may have been there all along and I just couldn't see it.

Top Bottom