XF 1.4 Member's Can't Login - Passwords The Same, But Incorrect Now

JABRONI

I didn't think much of it when a member or two couldn't login; I just assumed that they forgot their password, but now it seems a lot of members are having this issue.

Members just can't login. Their passwords aren't changing, it is just flat out telling them it's incorrect. They are having to reset their passwords via email to log back in.

I've tried turning off all my addons, I've tried getting them to login on the XF Default skin, I've checked my Error Logs in the AdminCP, but I'm just not seeing anything.

All different sorts of browsers, so it's not a browser specific problem. I just can't figure this out. Does anyone have any clue what could be the issue here?

Have you changed your hosting provider recently? Or changed servers?

There's an issue when moving from a newer version of PHP to an older version or a version that doesn't support the authentication methods in XenForo 1.2.

Have you changed your hosting provider recently? Or changed servers?

There's an issue when moving from a newer version of PHP to an older version or a version that doesn't support the authentication methods in XenForo 1.2.

No, the only thing I've really done lately is upgrade to 1.4. We got a SSL cert today for our site & moved over to HTTPS, but it was happening before today.

We've been on Nimbus Hosting for a while now.

I think it's worth just asking Nimbus just in case anything has changed on the server side.

Are you certain the error message is "Incorrect password. Please try again."? And it is only affecting some users and not everyone? Are these users definitely logging on with a username and password rather than Facebook, Twitter, Google or any other?

I think it's worth just asking Nimbus just in case anything has changed on the server side.

Are you certain the error message is "Incorrect password. Please try again."? And it is only affecting some users and not everyone? Are these users definitely logging on with a username and password rather than Facebook, Twitter, Google or any other?

Yeah, it says Incorrect Password. Please try again.

and yeah, it isn't affecting everyone, it seems to just happen.

and to the username & pword question, yeah they're logging in with username & password, no social networks involved.

Just contacted Nimbus, hopefully I can find out something. It's killing the site's activity.

Yeah, totally couldn't figure it out.

Actually had a friend sign up today, he went back on it a few hours later, and he couldn't login. Same password & everything.

There is nothing in the core software which would cause that.

Do you have any add-ons installed?

Yeah, I do. I have tried to disable all add-ons through config, but that didn't work either.

As a matter of fact, just tested that with my friend. He still couldn't login after I disabled all listeners.

This is a pretty killer problem right now, bummer that I can't figure out the issue.

Top Bottom