Member Website Forum

kevinm83

Looking to incorporate xenForo into my member website. Forum will be open to members of my website only. Does xenForo support Active Directory, or similar? I am looking to have a single sign-on/profile, that would be completed at signup to my site and transfer to the forum. Any ideas?

Looking to incorporate xenForo into my member website. Forum will be open to members of my website only. Does xenForo support Active Directory, or similar? I am looking to have a single sign-on/profile, that would be completed at signup to my site and transfer to the forum. Any ideas?
You would need a custom script for that.

But it is possible! Sounds good!
I'm guessing custom profile fields is currently out of the question....

Custom profile fields coming in 1.1 and set for release "this summer".

As for your original question I wouldn't see why it's not possible, might have to fork out some money for it but it's do-able I'm sure.

Sweet. Is it possible to remove the "log out" option in the top navigation? I'm looking to use my main site as the only login/out.
I want the forum area to be a "community area" within my site, where members can communicate/etc. and manage all their profile data. Am I asking too much?

Sweet. Is it possible to remove the "log out" option in the top navigation? I'm looking to use my main site as the only login/out.

Yes this can be done.
I want the forum area to be a "community area" within my site, where members can communicate/etc. and manage all their profile data.
As I said this would require custom work

Am I asking too much?
Not at all :) best to know now before you "dig in"

I want the forum area to be a "community area" within my site, where members can communicate/etc. and manage all their profile data. Am I asking too much?

The Login controller handles login, it makes calls on the various models to check the passwords etc. You can quite easily override that to stop people being able to login :D

Top Bottom