1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member Website Forum

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by kevinm83, Jul 5, 2011.

1. kevinm83

kevinm83 New Member

Looking to incorporate xenForo into my member website. Forum will be open to members of my website only. Does xenForo support Active Directory, or similar? I am looking to have a single sign-on/profile, that would be completed at signup to my site and transfer to the forum. Any ideas?

2. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

You would need a custom script for that.

3. kevinm83

kevinm83 New Member

But it is possible! Sounds good!
    I'm guessing custom profile fields is currently out of the question....

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Custom profile fields coming in 1.1 and set for release "this summer".

As for your original question I wouldn't see why it's not possible, might have to fork out some money for it but it's do-able I'm sure.

5. kevinm83

kevinm83 New Member

Sweet. Is it possible to remove the "log out" option in the top navigation? I'm looking to use my main site as the only login/out.
    I want the forum area to be a "community area" within my site, where members can communicate/etc. and manage all their profile data. Am I asking too much?

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

What software are you using for the main site ?

7. kevinm83

kevinm83 New Member

Custom PHP

8. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Yes this can be done.
    As I said this would require custom work

Not at all :) best to know now before you "dig in"

9. SheepCow

SheepCow Well-Known Member

The Login controller handles login, it makes calls on the various models to check the passwords etc. You can quite easily override that to stop people being able to login :D