1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member info layout

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Morgain, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Here on XF the memberlist, and Your Follows list, has a section something like

New Member, Male, 23 from London

I have tried to moved it on the same line as the username by putting it inside the h3 container - deleting h3 and replacing with a div style ... limited success:

TOP VERSION is how I want it.

This item is bouncing about all over the place!
    On one poor member's item who has a longer blurb all the info spills out of the container completely.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your templates are messy with lots of inline styling. I dabbled a little bit but it turned into a mess. I suggest reverting the member_list_item template and starting over. It is easier to start with a working template... as opposed to messing up the template and then trying to fix it.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Jake sorry I alrerady reverted several times and redid it because of exactly this problem.
    What I do is I get what I want with inline styling. then when I get the bits to work, I transfer them to an external css either the partner to that template, or EXTRA.
    I'll revert it and ask you again.