1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG 1.1 Media title

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by Maxxamillion, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

What template do i need to edit to change the name of the media nav tab and such things like 'add media'

i would like to change it to videos and that is all that is being allowed to be embeded

thanks

2. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

xengallery_tab_links maybe?

3. Maxxamillion

i edited some of the titles but the out come ended up with underscores
    http://prntscr.com/8fiokq

4. batpool52!

Looks like the phrases are missing for some reason. Try rebuilding the cache and see if it fixes the issue maybe?

5. Maxxamillion

which cache should i rebuild?

6. batpool52!

your-site.com/install and then follow the steps on the screen. What exactly did you change in the template? Did you make the phrases uppercase? Usually phrases don't go missing after editing.
    Look at Mike's answer.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Those aren't phrases that are part of XFMG. If you're changing phrase names, you need to create the phrases you're adding in the control panel.

batpool52! likes this.
  8. Maxxamillion

so to change the name of the media tab and anything called media in the gallery i need to make a pharase?

9. Mike

You can change the contents of the phrase, though that will affect any other uses of that phrase. That may be good or bad, depending on the context and the type of change.

Otherwise yes, you would either need to create new phrases based on the new name you're entering or hardcode the text in the template (thus not using phrases at all).

10. Maxxamillion

where would i change the contents of the phrase, i basically want all media changed to videos

11. Mike

See the Appearance > Languages & Phrases section in the control panel. (If you edit a phrase, don't change the title of it; just the "phrase text".)

12. Maxxamillion

Dont worry @Mike ive figured it out :D thanks
    Ive found it thanks mike, does altering these alter the main URL text at all? so instead of thegamersquare.com/media it would be thegamersquare.com/videos

13. Mike

No. You'd use route filters for that.

Maxxamillion likes this.
  14. Maxxamillion

awesome, ill pretend i know what that is :p

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

16. Maxxamillion

17. Azman

Azman New Member

hai all,

just install the media gallery. no problem on that. just having problem with modifying the tab name from "Media" to my local language phrase.

I did try changing the media phrase, unfortunately it does not have any impact to the media gallery tab. it still remain the same "Media". i can customize other tabs though.

appreciate for any pointer. thanks in advance

18. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The phrase is xengallery_media_tab.

19. Azman

Azman New Member

thank you. that is the right one