Media Question

Were new to XenForo and are trying to figure out our media. At first we were having problems posting large filed pics. A warning would come up. So we changed the settings to allow bigger files to be added so members wouldn't have to resize images. Now our worry is slowing down the site. Is there a way to have the images people post scaled down to a certain size automatically? An example that comes to mind is facebooks timeline image. Hopefully this makes sense how I wrote it.

In the Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Options > Image Options you can set a maximum width and height.

Any images which exceed these dimensions will be resized automatically.

In the Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Options > Image Options you can set a maximum width and height.

Any images which exceed these dimensions will be resized automatically.
Thanks for responding so quick! One thing that would happen is an error message would come up saying the image exceeds the maximum limit. Is there a setting I need to change to have it resize the to large files instead of having an error message?

That could be down to the max file size option or various server limits.

There's no way to automatically resize these so I recommend changing the setting to allow larger files and configuring the server to allow larger files. The max width and height will ensure the file size is kept low because the resize process will make the file size smaller.

The image in the last post there is attached to the post, but it hasn't been inserted in the post.

upload_2016-7-6_21-7-54.webp

When you add an image, you get the option to insert it as the thumbnail or full image. If you don't do either of these then you get a summary of the attachments below the post, including the file name, file size and view count.

Top Bottom