Fixed Media overview is convoluted on iPad: overlay objects not displayed well.

Grover

This is how the media overview looks on an iPad (iOS 6.x).

It doesn't look good. Normally on a desktop you only see the picture overlay-area with the User Avatar, Username, Albumname and ratings when you mouseover the picture. But, on an iPad you see this overlay constantly. Making the UI/UX convoluted. Obviously it also doesn't help things that the info in it is not aligned /positioned well, making the Username and Albumname disappear altogether.

Screenshot:

Photo 22-11-14 23 04 09.webp

The overlay needs to be constanly shown on a tablet or mobile as there is no hover capability. It's also an option in the ACP for permanent display on all devices.

I've tested the overlay display on an iPad iOS 8 in both Safari and Chrome and also a Nexus 7 using Chrome. No issues with any of these. What browser are you using? Is it up-to-date? If it's Safari, does the issue still occur if you install Chrome?

I am on iOS 6.x as I wrote (6.1.2. to be precise) and the screenshot comes from Safari. I am on the latest version of Chrome (on iOS 6.x) and also see the above problems occurring there. I guess the reason must be iOS 6 then if you have no problems on iOS 8.

If it's iOS 6 specific, I would suggest that it's unlikely to be fixed unless it's simple to identify and resolve. According to Apple, only 5% of iOS devices are using something older than iOS 7.

This does appear to be iOS 6 specific (fortunately I do still have an old Xcode installed where I can test it in the simulator). It's ignoring the width: 100%. It applies it if we switch from display: table to display: table-row... which then makes all the other browsers ignore it.

I have managed to find another workaround based on setting the parent container to fit the width of the image regardless of the content.

Top Bottom