MG 1.1 media moderation

dethfire

If a media is set to moderation in the database I should see it in the XF moderation page right? I have dozens set to moderation but they don't show up anywhere.

They would only appear in the moderation queue if they were set to moderated / unapproved in the software, e.g. because they were detected as spam or because you set them that way using inline moderation or because a user's permissions meant they should be moderated rather than being visible.

Is that what happened or are you implying that you set them manually in the database?

If they were moderated "normally" then they should just appear there for any moderators who have the edit any, delete any or approve/unapprove permission.

Chris, sorry for not being more clear. I do have media set to be moderated for me to approve. My point is that these submitted media are not showing up under the normal moderation system. I have to go into the database and find the media that is marked moderated and in the database set them to visible.

Really you should avoid making any changes in the database because now there could be orphaned records in the xf_moderation_queue table and the only way to remove them will be to, again, remove them manually from the database. None of that is ideal. It's usually best to get the root issue resolved first.

Are the entries for these items appearing in the xf_moderation_queue table?

Then it's basically a permissions issue somewhere.

Can you go to Admin CP > Users > Analyze Permissions and tap in your username and look specifically to see if you have the "Delete media by anyone", "Edit media by anyone" or the "Approve / unapprove media" permission (should be under XenForo Media Gallery Media Moderator Permissions group).

Top Bottom