Media gallery questions

Hilary

Two pre-sales questions for the media gallery add-on...

I would want to use it with 64 separate albums, all identified by name, not by image. To navigate it, people would need a simple, clickable text list of 64 album names. Is that do-able - in the LH menu, maybe? Or can you only have that tiled image display where the name is only visible on hover?

And second, can you control access to the gallery by usergroup?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I would want to use it with 64 separate albums, all identified by name, not by image. To navigate it, people would need a simple, clickable text list of 64 album names. Is that do-able - in the LH menu, maybe? Or can you only have that tiled image display where the name is only visible on hover?
The closest we have is the ability to force the category list to be displayed (it's a style property):

1640359360432.webp

So you could create 64 top-level categories, turn on that option, and they'd all be listed on the media index, at the top of the page.

The latest media would still show below, but the focus of the page would be the list of categories.

Clicking into the category would show you the images within that category.

And a post-sales question. In forum threads, you can add images to posts with copy-paste, or by pasting a url, or even with drag and drop. Lovely. But with the dedicated media gallery, it seems all you can do is upload. Surely there must be another way?

I suppose that the images coming from external links therefore hosted on a server that you do not control may sooner or later disappear and your gallery would end up with a certain number of broken images, which is not the aim of a Photo gallery.

That makes sense, but you can embed things from external sites, and you can't drag and drop or copy and paste files to upload them from your own computer. I'm going to look for a place to send a feature suggestion. They've already programmed it for the post editor, after all.

Top Bottom