XF 2.2 Maximum posts per day

Mendalla

Maybe this exists somewhere and I'm just dense. We have a user who is (somewhat mysteriously) well-liked by the community to the extent that banning him will set off a crapstorm of epic proportions. The problem is that he posts constantly and most of his posts are, to the eye of many of us, gibberish. I mean, I can soft-of, kind-of read some of it well enough to have caught him slinging a racial slur at another member's wife once (the last time he was actually disciplined) but generally skim by him. Too much work to read him. And right now, if you look at my Forums page, he is generally the latest poster in 7-8 forums since his posting rate is higher than the other regulars put together.

Another admin asked if we could limit his posting. So a maximum posts per days, including new threads. I can't find anything in ACP out of box but I wonder if I am missing something. If not, I'll take this over to resources to see if there is something there but my searches haven't been fruitful so far.

And I usually suggest members put people like this on Ignore, but that just means you see 7 or 8 forums with ? as the latest poster so his prolific posting is still potentially an issue.

If they are posting gibberish that is equivalent to a vague or brief social media status you can ask them to post this type of content on their profile as a status update.

If they are posting gibberish that is equivalent to a vague or brief social media status you can ask them to post this type of content on their profile as a status update.
We are talking 4-5 paragraphs in some cases. I might try that but I will likely just get snarled at (in incomprehensible gibberish, he does it in conversations, too).

Did discouraged users disappear in one of the XF upgrades?
Should still be there. Discourage isn't really what I want though. I am not necessarily trying to get rid of this guy (tempted as I am at times), just get his posting rate down to something reasonable. Looking at some add-on options right now, including Andy's.

Top Bottom