XF 2.2 Maximum attachment file size

Abraham54

The maximum attachment file size in kilobytes (KB) is 32,768 KB.

But in PHP I have the upload value set to 256 MB and XF reports this value!

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 10-23-47 PiepCompSupport - Admin control panel.webp

It is not possible anymore to increase the maximum attachment file size.
How to repair this?

I don't know where you guys are finding this stuff, but from what it looks like, I have almost no files when I connect with FTP. For some reason the path is in a tmp folder instead of a public folder, not sure what Xenforo set it all up as, but I have no folders or files that can do anything of the sort. i call shenanigans on this whole xenforo system

I don't know where you guys are finding this stuff, but from what it looks like, I have almost no files when I connect with FTP. For some reason the path is in a tmp folder instead of a public folder, not sure what Xenforo set it all up as, but I have no folders or files that can do anything of the sort. i call shenanigans on this whole xenforo system

pho.ini is on your server configuration, is not located at XenForo (or xenforo files)
If you don’t have cPanel or ssh access ask your hosting to increase

Mostly you can change this in your control panel settings somewhere, like in Directadmin or cPanel or Plesk, in some and/or other occasions you can use a user.ini file in your public_html to fix these things.
Best is indeed to ask your host if and where you can change this value.

pho.ini is on your server configuration, is not located at XenForo (or xenforo files)
If you don’t have cPanel or ssh access ask your hosting to increase

I don't understand what that means, I have cpanel, but there's no files in there to do anything with. When I connect with ftp doesn't give me anything but junk files. By "host" are you assuming I bought out the $165 license and have it installed on my host company? Is that the only way to access those files?

nvm, apparently it doesn't work on "cloud" hosted servers... I plan on getting the license which is actually 195, i swear it was 165, anyways, i just hope it can migrate everything i've done to the current one.
Thanks for the info, it would have worked if I had the right license apparently

nvm, apparently it doesn't work on "cloud" hosted servers...
Depends on what you mean with Cloud hosted servers. Cloud VPS systems often give you root access. And then you would be able to fix this.

If you have the cloud hosted account from Xenforo, then you can contact Xenforo support and they should be able to increase the size for you. But I presume there will be some maximum on cloud hosted installations.

An owned self-hosted license is indeed 195 now, and you are almost correct. It was even 160 until end of november. Price raise was december last year if I remember correctly.

Depends on what you mean with Cloud hosted servers. Cloud VPS systems often give you root access. And then you would be able to fix this.

If you have the cloud hosted account from Xenforo, then you can contact Xenforo support and they should be able to increase the size for you. But I presume there will be some maximum on cloud hosted installations.

An owned self-hosted license is indeed 195 now, and you are almost correct. It was even 160 until end of november. Price raise was december last year if I remember correctly.

yeah and unfortunately I've already spoken with support, and it can't be done. No increasing anything. Looks like the only way to truly have a fully functioning forum and more space is to branch off from the monthly/cloud host service, which seems a bit like a terrible concept. You'd think they'd offer more for a bit less monthly to keep people on that plan. Hmm, anyways, I'll have to move forward with this. Only thing that sucks is once bought, the dedicated server for larger space, etc, that's $400 down the drain if the forum never takes off. o.O

Only thing that sucks is once bought, the dedicated server for larger space, etc, that's $400 down the drain if the forum never takes off. o.O
So why buy a dedicated server? Why not rent one? I don't know which country you're from, but you can get good offers in the server auction section of Hetzner. Oke those are monthly prizes but maybe you do not get at $400 before you know if forum starts running or not.
I'm sure there will be company's on the US site of the Ocean with kindlike offers.

Another option is to start with a hosting server which providers enough disk space and move to a dedicate server if the forum starts taking off.
Just take care you find a good host and ask on forehand if the upload capacity you want from php.ini is possible with them.

Top Bottom