1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum Attachment File Size - by attachment type

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by AndyB, May 23, 2013.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

It would be a great improvement to be able to set the Maximum Attachment File Size by attachment type. So for example if I wanted to allow pdf files that are 5MB to be uploaded I can do that while allowing only .5MB for jpg files.

Amin Sabet, Mijo, Walter and 25 others like this.
  2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I'd like to take it a little further and be able to restrict it to certain types within a forum node itself.

Mr Lucky and AndyB like this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I can see where this would be a very useful function as well.

4. caliman

caliman Active Member

I was just about to post this for the same exact reason.
    I'd love to see this.
    This feature would be well-received.

5. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Yes - that would be a realy nice feature. So we can set for images that saves without compression (BMP, GIF, PNG eg) to a lower maximum size.

In a optimum, this feature can set by node ID. :D ;)

6. JackieChun

JackieChun Active Member

I have the same issue. Need to allow large PDFs and limit the size for all other file types.

7. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

I need to allow PDF's in certain sections but not all. Currently members have to email me so I can add them. Be great if they could do it themselves on XF

8. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

This would indeed be nice.

9. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Hello,

You can do this with this new addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-attachment-system-aas.5060/

With this you can set on a per node base the allowed file types and sizes (kb and pixel) :)