Matomo Analytics

Mouth

For those using self hosted Matomo Analytics, how do you have it installed in relation to server URL? Eg ...
  • sub directory - mysite.com/matomo/ ( xf @ mysite.com/ or mysite.com/community/ )
  • sub domain - matomo.mysite.com ( xF @ mysite.com )
  • different domain - myanalytics.com ( xF @ mysite.com )
My consideration is server load, by placing it on a sub domain or different domain I can have Matomo on a different web server. Thus not affecting load on the primary server for mysite.com and for easier future-proofing/management. ( I'll start by using Matomo for my primary xF site, but may in the future also use it for other sites. )

What server sizing ( CPU, RAM, Disk ) do you have for Matomo? Shared with other apps/functions or sole app/function on the server? Is Matomo's server sizing recommendations accurate for an xF site?

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cxf-matomo-analytics.6259/ looks good, I'll likely utilise this too.

I am using a separate server (stats.domain.com). Started with my XF site and added 3 low traffic sites also without any problems.

My experience with sizing is that the official requirements are on the high side. My stats server doesn't meet the official requirements but still runs great.

I am using the following Matomo add-on btw : [AnzahTools] Matomo Analytics integration

I used to have Matomo installed on my shared server with SSD disks. I've added several forums to it, and it was working fine. But now I use Matomo on my NAS device due to storage space required. So, now I'm running Matomo via Docker with PHP 8.0.16 and SSD disks on a NAS device. No issues at all.

My experience with sizing is that the official requirements are on the high side.
Thanks, good to know. Might start with it on an existing server with very low load then, instead of a seperate server.

I am using the following Matomo add-on btw : [AnzahTools] Matomo Analytics integration
This one, since been deleted? You're braver than me, I wouldn't use a removed add-on where the dev hasn't been seen in over 9mths.

You dont need any add-on for Matomo, simply add it to a template or to advertising.
If you plan to grow its a good idea to use a different domain, otherwise use stats.mysite.com

The recommended minimum server size for Matomo for my site (1m pageviews/month) is twice the size of the server actually running my site :oops:

I'd love to adopt this, but i need 2 critical addons that make it super expensive for self-hosted. it's too bad :/

I set a Goal within Matomo that when a visitor clicks on a URL that contains abc.com, Matomo will count the click as a conversion. abc.com is a target URL within some advertiser banners. The goal counts the conversion when I click as admin via IOS, but does not count the conversion when I click as admin via desktop PC. In fact, the Matomo visitors log doesn't log any of admin's desktop site activity. I have not set a cookie within Matomo to exclude admin traffic. Has anyone run into this?

I set a Goal within Matomo that when a visitor clicks on a URL that contains abc.com, Matomo will count the click as a conversion. abc.com is a target URL within some advertiser banners. The goal counts the conversion when I click as admin via IOS, but does not count the conversion when I click as admin via desktop PC. In fact, the Matomo visitors log doesn't log any of admin's desktop site activity. I have not set a cookie within Matomo to exclude admin traffic. Has anyone run into this?
It appears that the Duckduckgo windows browser is blocking the Matomo js. Matomo successfully recorded stats for admin when I used the Firefox windows browser.

Top Bottom