Math

Math 3.1.0

No permission to download
@CMTV
Latex is not rendered inside of a quote.
Is it possible to have it render inside of a quote? I also notice it doesn't render inside of a spoiler tag. Many users like using spoilers with Latex, and have in the past. How can I have it render inside of a spoiler? Thanks.

This is nice, however there are quite a few issues that should be addressed
  1. The formula editor used (Wiris MathType Web) is commercial software and requires a (quite expensive) license if used for more than 1.000 formulas/year
    The editor is loaded from a 3rd party website, this is problematic in relation to GDPR.
    It would therefore be nice if there was an option to turn the editor off or maybe you could use an alternative
    https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax-docs/wiki/List-of-web-based-math-editors
  2. MathJax is unconditionally loaded from a 3rdy party server on every page
    This is quite some useless overhead, furthermore this is problematic in relation to GDPR
    I'd image that formulas are not used that often, so it would be a lot better to load it just in time if it is required and to have an option to serve MathJax locally, just like there are options to serve jQuery and FontAwesome locally.
  3. Both MathJax and MathType do support localization so it would be nice if your code would use the locale set by the user selected language to configure them accordingly.
  4. You should use a code event listener on editor_dialog instead of overwriting XF\Pub\Controller\Editor::loadDialog() as per Resource Standards Rule # 20
    PHP:
    public static function editorDialog(array &$data, \XF\Mvc\Controller $controller)
    {
        if ($data['dialog'] == 'math')
        {
            $data['template'] = 'editor_dialog_Math_insert';
        }
    }
  5. It would be nice if the JS files were minimized. This can be achieved by using an approprioate build.json
    https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/development-tools/#customizing-the-build-process

Last edited:
Hello

I found a bug. The character "F" is not inserted into the editor. I have to choose another character and change it to the desired one in the editor.

Attachments

• 2018-11-03_01-43-53.webp
    2018-11-03_01-43-53.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 25
Yes. The addon needs some changes sinch xF 2.1. I will get to them as soon as possible after releasing Criteria Builder.
Great. Really appreciate your taking care of this quickly. My site is technical so inability to use your addon to post latex is a huge loss but i will make do in the meantime.

Yeah. I am updating Google Search right now. It should be ready today/tomorrow.
After that I will update a next addon. But I am not quite sure which one update first: Question Threads, Code or Math.

Anyways. I am working on updating my core addons to 2.1 now.

CMTV updated Math with a new update entry:

Update 2.1.0 – XenForo 2.1 support

Math 2.1.0 was rewritten from scratch. It is not compatible with previous addon versions and XF below 2.1! There is no way to upgrade existing addon!

Remove installed Math addon from you forum. After this install this version as a new addon!

Changes
  • Improved addon stability, better code quality
  • Using the latest version of MathJax
  • All previously reported bugs should disappear now
  • Removed Wiris editor (it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi, thanks for plugins. @CMTV
new-button-png.174031

in my website look like this. how can I do like yours?

2019-02-21_22-25-53.webp

Thanks a lot for this great add on. Makes adding MathJax super easy without needing to edit BBCode.

There are 2 bugs I'm afraid at the moment;
  • Math doesn't render in quoted replies,
  • The auto-scrollbar and line breaks don't work for inline math.
Any chance you can fix these soon?

Last edited:
How do I adjust the inline latex so it does not the bottom padding and it will be more inline, have same height with the surrounding text. See the image below where the formula is taller than the text.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.08.47 PM.webp

Top Bottom