Here's how to duplicate it:

So let's say my style setup is as followed:
Master Style
-> Default Style
-> Custom Style

I create a CSS template within Master Style and include the style property:
Code:
@testProperty

Now, I don't have a style property of that name defined within Master Style, but I do within Custom Style.
If I use Custom Style, the style property is still undefined.

The only way to get around this is to edit a template in Custom Style and use that style property to get access to it.

Is this by design or a bug? I want to be able to provide style-specific features to users and this makes it difficult :(

Thanks!

Attempting to use a style specific property in a location where the property doesn't (or may not) exist isn't a use case we're targeting. That said, I'd have to look a little more detail to see what's going on exactly.

Attempting to use a style specific property in a location where the property doesn't (or may not) exist isn't a use case we're targeting. That said, I'd have to look a little more detail to see what's going on exactly.
Is there any way currently to target specific styles then?

Right, this is as designed roughly as explained above.

The reason the property doesn't appear to work is because @propertyName is a short hand for what is assumed to be a valid property. If the property doesn't exist (in the style you're in), it doesn't get converted to the actual syntax, which is:
Code:
{xen:property propertyName}
If you use the direct syntax, it should work (though note that invalid style property access may trigger an error).

Top Bottom