Master Badge [Paid] [Deleted]

Suggestions for the developer's thoughts, as I'm creating an RPG environment that this add-on will work perfectly for:

1. The ability to set a max level. Out of these suggestions, this would be my highest priority suggestion. No further progression in levels after say, level 20. Despite the amount of trophies/points earned.

2. The ability to disable featuring a badge altogether in message user info (posts). It doesn't "break" my style, but it looks terrible on my layout.

3. The ability to disable featuring a badge on your profile.

4. The ability to disable Badges tab on your profile.

I've got this up and running on my development board right now and it looks awesome. I'm working around with template edits right now but I think the add-on's Options menu could use some serious lovin' to make this even more beautiful an add-on.

What theme do you use @Tefka ? I think it looks good in posts on UI.X:

UbmsGqs.png

@Tefka yeah, i'm wondering what theme are you using, too. Because most of the add-on's CSS were based on style properties. And FYI 1 was done.

@Milano @Solidus

I also use UI. X but I make heavy use of the AD Styler so my colors aren't static, so it could look good some of the time - depends on the user.

I also view the message user info badge banner as a waste of vertical post space and have disabled it entirely with a display: none in EXTRA. css... but I understand this is just my choice, not everyone's.

I could beautify the banner more if I wanted, like Solidus has, but I don't want it wasting space in threads that have short posts, extending the message container just to show their badge.

It's personal preference, is all.

I've also got a few more things cramming up space in message user info like Xenmoods if that helps you understand.

I think adopt a style of let users set X multiple badges to show, and then display them like BD Medal does, the 32x32 icons with the details on mouse-hover.

I think adopt a style of let users set X multiple badges to show, and then display them like BD Medal does, the 32x32 icons with the details on mouse-hover.

I'm planning to make this but the number of featured badges will depend on user level and can be configured via AdminCP.

Milano updated Master Badge with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.3 - New features and bug fixes

Note: Due to the change in database structure, this version will remove all current featured badges from users so they need to re-feature their badges. Please inform your users about the changes.

New features
  • Multiple featured badges.
  • New widget: top level. If you are using [bd] Widget Framework, please import widget_framework-MasterBadge_member_level.xml file.
  • More options.
Bugs fixed
  • Fixed progress bar...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Milano is there a Way I can show someone's Level some where Else on the site like I have below?
screenshot_1-png.94753

Of course you can, just pass the user/visitor data to the template helper like this
Code:
{xen:helper levelHtml, $user}

And about the badge icons, few of them are free, the rest was made by my friends. This is his works
badges.webp

@Milano can you please add a css selector for the level name on each one:

Code:
<div class="userLevel userLevel1 ">

I'd like to customize each level with different color.

Also I tried the

Code:
{xen:helper levelHtml, $visitor}

In the navigation_visitor_tab but it didn't work, it still shows I'm at level 0. Thoughts?

Also any progress on that performance issue I mentioned

EDIT: actually this appears to be working:

Code:
{xen:helper levelHtml, $visitor.trophy_points}

Is that correct though, I know you mentioned a different example above.

Last edited:
@Russ That's correct

That was my bad, actually it was userLevelHtml helper, the helper levelHtml need the trophy_points value.

I already apply the level class to level but i think it not what you want, currently it works this way

Lv 10 ~ 19: userLevel lvl_10
Lv 20 ~ 29: userLevel lvl_20
Lv 30 ~ 39: userLevel lvl_30
Lv 90 ~ 99: userLevel lvl_90
Lvl 100 ~ 109: userLevel lvl_100 lvl_plus_0
Lvl 110 ~ 119: userLevel lvl_100 lvl_plus_10
Lv 120 ~ 129: userLevel lvl_100 lvl_plus_20
Lv 200 ~ 209: userLevel lvl_200 lvl_plus_0
Lv 210 ~ 219: userLevel lvl_200 lvl_plus_10

If you want to append level to level class open the MasterBadge_Core and find the function getLevelHtml and add
PHP:
$levelClass .= 'lvl' . $level;
before
PHP:
$class = htmlspecialchars(rtrim($levelClass));

levelclass.webp

I will apply this change to the next release and about the performance, i'm still working on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom