1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mass PM's by user group.

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by jonsidneyb, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Mass PM's by user group.

ankurs likes this.
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Mass "Conversations" I suspect you mean. ;)
    Same feature, different names for it.

What's the usage scenario ?
    Would mass Alerts by User Group work ?
    Do you need both ?

3. kingston

kingston Well-Known Member

Mass alert would work. Any way to just get a message out to everyone.

4. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I send things out in emails a couple of times a year that often only apply to certain usergroups. Many people use email addresses that are temporary ones to join and then complain they did not get the message.

I could do an alert but these messages don't need to be seen by others so I would not want that info in a thread cluttering up things when it does not apply to everyone.

I have not moved over to xF yet but am very anxious to do so but here is an example of what I will be doing on new years eve.

I am going to send out a message to 600 people that requested a product to be made. Since another run cannot be made for a year and will not likely to be made I want to give instructions to those and only those that requested one.

How I am going to handle it on vB4 is going to be long and tedious but it would still be long and tedious in XenForo but not nearly as bad.

I am going to stick all 600 of these members in a secondary usergroup and will have a check 0ff list of these names in a spread sheet. I am going to mass email these 600 members on how to pick up their item. As they report in I am going to check their names one at a time on the spread sheet.

Those that do not check in in a couple of days I will PM, I already know many of these people will not get the e-mail. I will have to send a message to each one of these via PM since I am still on vB4.

If I was on XenForo right now and could mass conversation I would still want them to be individual conversations and not have all of them in one conversation.

I would sent out a conversation to all 600 people in this temporary usergroup.