• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mass PM's by user group.

Mass "Conversations" I suspect you mean. ;)
Same feature, different names for it.

What's the usage scenario ?
Would mass Alerts by User Group work ?
Do you need both ?

I send things out in emails a couple of times a year that often only apply to certain usergroups. Many people use email addresses that are temporary ones to join and then complain they did not get the message.

I could do an alert but these messages don't need to be seen by others so I would not want that info in a thread cluttering up things when it does not apply to everyone.

I have not moved over to xF yet but am very anxious to do so but here is an example of what I will be doing on new years eve.

I am going to send out a message to 600 people that requested a product to be made. Since another run cannot be made for a year and will not likely to be made I want to give instructions to those and only those that requested one.

How I am going to handle it on vB4 is going to be long and tedious but it would still be long and tedious in XenForo but not nearly as bad.

I am going to stick all 600 of these members in a secondary usergroup and will have a check 0ff list of these names in a spread sheet. I am going to mass email these 600 members on how to pick up their item. As they report in I am going to check their names one at a time on the spread sheet.

Those that do not check in in a couple of days I will PM, I already know many of these people will not get the e-mail. I will have to send a message to each one of these via PM since I am still on vB4.

If I was on XenForo right now and could mass conversation I would still want them to be individual conversations and not have all of them in one conversation.

I would sent out a conversation to all 600 people in this temporary usergroup.

Top Bottom