1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Mass move specific user threads to specific forum...

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by vVv, Jan 11, 2013.

1. vVv

vVv Guest

I'm assuming, a database query like this, is correct? .. I'd like to mass move all MY threads to a specific forum to sort them out, and then I'll move them back once sorted.

Code:
    UPDATE xf_thread SET node_id = '<forum desination>' WHERE user_id = '1'
    I seen this, but not really looking for a paid resource for what I'm doing lol.
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-messages-mass-actions.824

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That should do it. You may want to then go to ACP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Rebuild Forum Information.

Jake Bunce and vVv like this.
  3. vVv

vVv Guest

4. vVv

vVv Guest

I'm thinking what I really want, is a way to move a specific user's threads from one node to another node. It would be easier to sort/weed out duplicates and merge if needed .. instead of having thousands of my own messages in one node.. which would make pages and pages to sort through and find things. I know this from FAQ.. just need tweak it, to include "user_id = 1"

5. vVv

vVv Guest

This is it:

Code:
    UPDATE xf_thread SET node_id = 'Y' WHERE node_id = 'X' AND user_id = '1'
    Is there a way of mass moving a specific user's threads from one forum to another? - Yes!

Replace 'X' with the node ID of the existing forum and 'Y' with the node ID of the new forum, and '1' with user's ID/number. Note that the thread information, forum cache and search index should be rebuilt in the ACP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches.

Jake Bunce likes this.