Implemented Mass Messaging Members - Email Notifications

The Sandman

When sending out a mass messaging campaign there is no option to respect a member's preference for receiving site (i.e. admin) mailings - only their preference for email notification of PC's is respected. This creates a bit of an issue since mass messages generated by an admin via the AdminCP are both site messages and PC's.

Put more simply, I sent out a mass message and some members who had elected not to receive site mailings were unhappy when they did receive what they considered to be a site email (regardless of their preference to receive email notification of PC's).

I'd like to see more granularity in the options for sending mass messages to allow us to determine who should get email notification of these PC's - in other words we need to tell the system to respect the site mailing preference, the email notification of PC's preference, both (only those with both options enabled would get the email), or neither (everyone gets the email regardless of any preferences set).

Last edited:
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If I send out a mass message regarding something vital to my site ("IB acquires TAZ" or "user named lead TAZ admin" for example) I might want everyone to get email notification of it regardless of any preferences they've set.

For a mass message thanking my members for participating over the years - I'd want to send out email notification only to those who've chosen to receive site mailings and email notification of PC's.

For a mass message asking for donations, I'd elect not to send out any email notifications to anyone regardless of any preferences set - I'd only want them to see the PC when they next happen onto the site.

Last edited:
If I send out a mass message regarding something vital to my site ("IB acquires TAZ" or "user named lead TAZ admin" for example) I might want everyone to get email notification of it regardless of any preferences they've set.
This particular use case would be better suited as an email - you can choose to bypass the site mailings preference.

For a mass message thanking my members for participating over the years - I'd want to send out email notification only to those who've chosen to receive site mailings and email notification of PC's.
This is now satisfied by the upcoming change that marked this thread as implemented.

For a mass message asking for donations, I'd elect not to send out any email notifications to anyone regardless of any preferences set - I'd only want them to see the PC when they next happen onto the site.
This is, essentially, "Not Planned". If I logged in somewhere and saw a conversation, I would be confused if I hadn't received an email for that, seeing as that's what my preferences were. There are other features in place to allow you to reach out to members in such a way that's only visible when they log in. For example you could send an alert pointing to a page with more information, or use the Notice system.

Top Bottom