1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Mass delete phrases?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by viper357, Jan 14, 2016.

1. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Hi, is there an sql query or another way to mass delete phrases? I have an add-on that failed to uninstall and as a result have over 2500 phrases that I need to delete, hopefully not one by one. :mad:

Thanks

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I wouldn't recommend it, and you should never have to do it manually.

Have you tried reinstalling the add-on and uninstalling again? Which add-on is it? What happened when it "failed to uninstall"?

3. viper357

viper357 Active Member

It was Vault Wiki Lite, https://xenforo.com/community/threads/vaultwiki-lite.70762/page-9#post-1026991

I got this error when trying to uninstall:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vw_DBalter_Controller::fetch_table() in /home/*****/public_html/vault/core/controller/uninstall/xf.php on line 29

I have tried uninstall and re-install twice, deleted files, reuploaded files, but I keep getting that error when uninstalling and because it doesn't complete the uninstall it removes the add-on from the list but the add-on, or the bulk of the add-on is still there.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Ok.

I would reinstall it (just so it is as complete as can be and won't interfere with anything else) and then get support from the add-on author rather than trying to do this yourself. Doing it manually will take you too long, and doing it via the database is not recommended at best.

viper357 likes this.