Mass change for avatar sizes

Moshe1010

Avatars on my vB board were limited to 100X100 pixels, while on XF they should be at least 200X200. Thus, most of my users have small avatars, especially when clicking on their user and getting the profile card pop-up. Is there a way to make user avatars bigger even if it meas to lose image quality?

Thanks.

Unless you've changed the size of avatars in forum posts, 100x100 is fine as the post size displayed is 96x96. It's only on profile pages and membercard that you'll notice the small avatar. Personally I'd rather have a small avatar than a larger, pixellated one.

Yes and that's like I said, it's only on the membercard (your pic) and the profile page. It's not an issue in forum posts.

I too have users who haven't updated their avatars since we moved from phpBB, so they have 100x100 ones. I even made a post about it so they all knew. Some updated, some didn't. Yes, I'd like them too but at the end of the day, it's not really a big issue when it's not visible in forum posts. I'd rather see small avatars in membercards and profiles than scaled-up pixellated ones.

Maybe you could set up a promotion for users who have a 200x200 avatar? You could give them some additional features/permissions/functionality on the forums if they do. You'd have to manually apply it, of course, but presumably you're checking members' avatars anyway to know you have this 'issue'. You could get them to post in a thread to say they've updated their avatar, you can then check and then promote them. You could even set up a notice to remind everyone of your request to update their avatars to larger ones.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this:

Code:
.memberCard .avatar img
{
	width: 192px;
	height: auto;
}

.memberCard .avatarCropper img
{
	top: 0px !important;
	left: 0px !important;
}

This will inflate small avatars to fill the membercard box, but it has the side effect of defeating the cropping for larger avatars (such as mine) where the avatar is taller than the box and the user has cropped it to display from the middle instead of from the top. But if most of your avatars are small then it doesn't matter so much. Fixing this side effect requires extra effort (template hack or file mod).

Screen shot 2013-06-20 at 3.13.41 PM.webp

Hey @Jake Bunce can you please tell me how I can fix this...

Image 5.webp

I'm not sure but I think I messed around with the cropper php files back when I was shrinking the profile page sidebar width but I cant remember. I tried a couple different photos with different dimensions and this keeps happening.

Thanks.

Top Bottom