1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Threads as Solved by Waindigo [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Jon W, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Mark Threads as Solved by Waindigo - Assign a specific prefix to a thread in one click

Read more about this resource...
    Rob likes this.
  2. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Do you have screen please ?
  3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Done, and fixed a few minor things that weren't present due to being hungry and impatient...even Waindigo has to sleep :p
    Allan likes this.
  6. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

I just tested it and it worked pretty good. I do have a suggestion though to do with as you please.

Allow admin to select which forum to use this on. "Mark as Solved" is probably mostly used on a support board and not needed on all boards as it currently stands.
  7. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

For my use, I also like the author of the thread can solved it, do you have idea for that please?
  8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

These would both be very nice additions to this add-on, if you would like to contribute to add either feature please send me a PM
  9. Syndol

Syndol Guest

You are kidding right?!
  10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

This will save a one step click for us :), thanks.
    Jon W likes this.
  11. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

I don't mind aiding but I do have other things I'm trying to take care of, Just letting you know so it doesn't seem like I'm backing out. Let me know how much it'll be and I'll see what I can do.
    Jon W likes this.
  12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Why would @Waindigo be kidding? This is the model that he operates - people pay for the add-on development (both initially and then adding features) and it is then released for free to the community. It's different from the paid-for model that you operate but it works and the community benefits from it.
    RastaLulz and Jon W like this.
  13. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Thanks @Martok. Not everyone will agree with our model, but that we have never had to release a paid add-on continues to show how great the XenForo community is. We cannot show enough our appreciation to those members of the community who do contribute for the benefits of the community as a whole.

It is always difficult to ask for more contributions without making it sound like we don't appreciate the massive contribution members have already made. But we now have over 150 resources available and have no plans to stop releasing many many more.
    Iversia and Martok like this.
  14. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Rude. Am surprised at you Syndol. You both have different business models, neither are wrong, just different.
  15. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

So to be clear about the function of this, it adds a prefix (any) to a thread instead of editing the first post and doing the same?

This would be great combined with a "best answer(s) marking of one or more answers in the thread as well as an automatic closing of the thread when this is invoked (optional).
    Rob and Jon W like this.
  16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

18. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

not works with 1.3.4
  19. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

works but i suggest option to uncheck solved
  20. lightbox

lightbox Active Member

Love this AddOn but sadly it doesn't seem to work with XF 1.4 anymore. Any help?