Mark Threads as Solved by Waindigo [Deleted]

Thanks for implementing my requests! Works just like says. Is there any way we can style the "Mark Solved" link? I've changed the phrase to "Mark SOLD", but I'd love to put a red button background behind it or something to help it to stand out.
Glad you like the additions. To modify how the links look you can edit the templates:
  • waindigo_thread_list_item_threadsolved
  • waindigo_thread_view_threadsolved
It should be relatively easy to turn this into a button, just adding the following will get you there:
HTML:
class="button"

Hi,
another great add-on from you. I have one suggestion:
  • allow different prefixes per node. When you edit a node, there`s a thread-prefix tab. There you should be able to select one of the available prefixes as a default for "mark threads as solved". With this you could have a FAQ section where the added prefix would be "solved" and a market-place section where the added prefix would be "sold"
all the best,
Sacha

Hi,
another great add-on from you. I have one suggestion:
  • allow different prefixes per node. When you edit a node, there`s a thread-prefix tab. There you should be able to select one of the available prefixes as a default for "mark threads as solved". With this you could have a FAQ section where the added prefix would be "solved" and a market-place section where the added prefix would be "sold"
all the best,
Sacha
Nice addition there Sacha, please PM me at waindigo.org to discuss this further. In the PM can you address whether you would like the link phrase to change per node? (ie 'Mark Solved', 'Mark Sold')

This mod doesnt work with 1.3.6 .. When I click on mark as solved it doesnt do nothing except reload the page.

Bug found:

When using the Forum Warning Message addon, if I have not cleared/accepted the warning message and I click a link to a thread that is in a sub-forum with an active message set (either by link from another thread or via the search function, etc), I get an error screen and 3 entries in the server error log.

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to Waindigo_ThreadSolved_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread::canMarkThreadSolved() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 19 and defined - library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php:23
Generated By: ********, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(23): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/********/...', 23, Array)
#1 /home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(19): Waindigo_ThreadSolved_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread->canMarkThreadSolved(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/********/public_html/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): Waindigo_ThreadSolved_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /home/********/public_html/library/Andy/UserAgent/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): ModEss_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_UserAgent_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "http://www.********/threads/********/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:18
Stack Trace

#0 /home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/********/...', 18, Array)
#1 /home/********/public_html/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): Waindigo_ThreadSolved_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home/********/public_html/library/Andy/UserAgent/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): ModEss_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_UserAgent_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread - library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:16
Stack Trace

#0 /home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ThreadSolved/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(16): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/********/...', 16, Array)
#1 /home/********/public_html/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(17): Waindigo_ThreadSolved_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home/********/public_html/library/Andy/UserAgent/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): ModEss_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_UserAgent_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If I disable the Mark Threads as Solved addon, the error does not occur, I see the warning message, and then can proceed to the thread after accepting it.

Once accepted, the reset time is in days - I have it set to 7, but setting it to 1 clears it for the current day. So after it is cleared (for the user logged in) I can enable the Mark Threads as Solved addon and the error does not occur then either.

It only occurs when the Forum Warning Message is active and requires "accepting" before proceeding to the thread in the sub-forum.

Thanks
Bud

Anyone have this working with XF 1.4?

EDIT: Seems to be working fine for me in 1.4.

Last edited:
@Audentio Design - This is the only Waindingo addon I currently use, and it is unmaintained. Can I remove the branding. If so, how?

To remove the branding you just need to purchase a support subscription over at http://forums.xf.hexthemes.com/subscriptions

It's also good to note, that once you buy a month of the support subscription you get to keep your branding removal even after your subscription expires, and you get branding removal for all of our Add-ons.

Jake

To remove the branding you just need to purchase a support subscription over at http://forums.xf.hexthemes.com/subscriptions

It's also good to note, that once you buy a month of the support subscription you get to keep your branding removal even after your subscription expires, and you get branding removal for all of our Add-ons.

Jake

So if I pay $60 for XenPlus (multiple sites), I can remove branding on all 6 of my websites?

I'll post instructions over in the premium section. Sorry, I thought they were already there :)

I posted this on the other site - branding removal doesn't remove the links, it just hides them. In fact, it added yet another link (also hidden). I would like to remove the links.

Top Bottom