Mark Thread as Read

Mark Thread as Read v1.2.1

No permission to download
I use it with XF 1.1.5 without problems.
What happens (or doesn't)?

Did you add the templates edits correctly?
(Will release a version for XF 1.2 that uses the new Template Modification System)

/SK

We are running this on a dark style so is there anyway to change the colours of it so it shows up a bit better

Markasread.webp

It's the same style property as the page navigation.
Edit the style property 'Item Page Nav Link' and 'Item Page Nav Link, Hover State' in the property group 'Discussion List'.

I can confirm it works on both XF 1.3 and XF 1.4.

@skhms could you edit the resource to officially list the add-on as 1.3- and 1.4-compatible in the Overview tab? I was actually going to make my own until I found out yours works perfectly well. I think people might be turned off from downloading it because the Overview tab says it just supports XF 1.2.

Also, the add-on's title in the admin panel add-on list is "SK Mark Thread as Thread" which should be "SK Mark Thread as Read", just pointing that out.

Excellent add-on! Thanks.

Hey, thanks for the heads up.
Can't believe that I haven't notice that the add-on title has been wrong all this time. :oops:

Have updated compatible list. The title will I probably just update when I upload some other changes.

/SK

I can't get this to work properly with XenForo 1.4.3. All of the files have been uploaded to my server, I installed the xml file and nothing appears next to any unread threads. Am I missing an option somewhere in the ACP to get it working?

There's no options.

But you do need to hover over the thread for the 'Mark as Thread' link to appear. Just like you need to hover for the page navigation to appear in a thread list.
Does the 'Mark Threads as Read' option shows up in list with actions on the admin panel when you select a thread?

Besides that I guess that you can check if the automatic template edits worked.
Perhaps you need to add them manually if you've made some other changes to the template.

/SK

Besides that I guess that you can check if the automatic template edits worked.
That was the problem, the edits weren't made. I made the template edit and "Mark As Read" appears twice now (see image below), how can I fix that? And thank you for the fast reply.

Untitled.webp

Top Bottom