Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Strange... As you can see code

.publicControls .LikeLabel {
color: red;
font-weight: bold;
}

at the end of EXTRA.css works fine for Like button.

Strange... As you can see code

.publicControls .LikeLabel {
color: red;
font-weight: bold;
}

at the end of EXTRA.css works fine for Like button.
Maybe this MAY work:

Open the template "PAGE CONTAINER"

paste this @ the very top:

<style>
.MarkBestAnswer
{ color: #0000FF!important;}
</style>

Let me know how you get on...

Or try this in Extra.css:

.item .control .MarkBestAnswer
{ color: #0000FF!important;}

Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to make improvements and add features that are requested by all of you.

I've been approached by people who'd like to purchase the add-on, and since it's working fine as it is, and a lot of work has been put into it, I'm going to republish it.

Hopefully, when I get less busy, I'll start addressing feature and improvement requests.

Last edited:
Currently you can either uninstall the add-on, set a default value for the alternative_best_answers field or disable STRICT_TRANS_TABLES in your mysql config.

I will address this issue in the next version.

@Lior I do understand that you're quite busy as the moment, but I would be willing to pay to get this issue fixed. I'm sure that it would be very appreciated by lots of folks on here :)

Currently you can either uninstall the add-on, set a default value for the alternative_best_answers field or disable STRICT_TRANS_TABLES in your mysql config.

I will address this issue in the next version.

Hey @Lior - will this issue get fixed soon?

Hello @Lior.

I'm interested in buying this add-on. I wanted to see if you plan on porting this to Xenforo 2 before I buy it though. Seeing as a release is eminent. And great modification by the way.

Please tell me how can I get the number of best answers for month for the particular user from xf database? Do you know appropriate SQL query?

Anyone know if uninstalling is safe with this addon? Even with that mysql fix on the backend? Or is it troublesome and buggy and can break xenforo?
Also is the voting system set up like stackexchange? Can't seem to find any demos properly showing this functionality (the voting segment).

Anyone know if uninstalling is safe with this addon? Even with that mysql fix on the backend? Or is it troublesome and buggy and can break xenforo?
Also is the voting system set up like stackexchange? Can't seem to find any demos properly showing this functionality (the voting segment).
I'm unsure about the uninstall process as I never uninstalled it. If you'd like to check out my forum section which runs it for a demo you can, simply click on the spoiler.
So, I have it set up when they chose a best answer it changes the topic to "Answered" it also highlights the marked comment a light green, and rewards the user with +1 to answered threads. I also have it set up so after x amount they get badges.

I installed and enabled on various forums, but I'm not seeing the button to mark answers. It's not in the html code so it's not just hidden. Any thoughts? Using the current Xenforo version. I see the best answer templates have been installed.

Thanks...

I installed and enabled on various forums, but I'm not seeing the button to mark answers. It's not in the html code so it's not just hidden. Any thoughts? Using the current Xenforo version. I see the best answer templates have been installed.

Thanks...
Have you enabled the options under the Usergroup permissions?

Top Bottom