Not a bug "Mark forum as read"??

Cheers!
Not sure I'm liking that change. Even after reading that thread I had troubles even FINDING that overlay. It is really not visible at all.. (obviously since I couldn't find it).

Ohwell. Cheers for pointing it out.

Cheers!
Not sure I'm liking that change. Even after reading that thread I had troubles even FINDING that overlay. It is really not visible at all.. (obviously since I couldn't find it).
Where would you place this link? The best is always to ask the users where they search for information. Then place the information where they are expected :)

The 'Mark Forums Read' link is clearly visible and seems self-explanatory to me?

I did not even know I should be looking in the navbar for controls when in a specific forum. No other forum software does this. That's not neccessarily bad though.. It's just that it's a habit that hasn't been changed for so long so it's only natural people will be confused at first.

Where would you place this link? The best is always to ask the users where they search for information. Then place the information where they are expected :)

Well, since the link is supposed to be a "general" mark forum as read -link, there's really no other logical place for it to be than up there since that's the only place that is shared between all pages on the forum(forum-index, forum-page, thread-page). It's just that I wasn't expecting that. I guess we'll just have to get used to it. Now that I know it's up there, it's easy to find.

What worries me is that I couldn't find it from the beginning. We'll just have to wait and see how other users react :)

I just upgraded, and for some reason when I am in a forum and hit mark all forums read link... it doesn't give the option to do all or just the board which I am in

Revert any outdated templates and reapply your custom edits.

Brogan, when I reverted this I also did it to my visitor navigation tab template... This ruined a link I had... I had customized my Login Link into an overlay box, rather than using the standard login system...

For some reason when I revert back to my modified code, it doesn't function as it once was... What is the code needed to make this link not appear when the user is already logged in?

Code:
<ul class="visitorTabs">
  <li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="navLink visitorTabItem OverlayTrigger">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase log_in_or_sign_up}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></li>
</ul>

I had this entered at the bottom of my navigation_visitor_tab template above the final "</xen:if>"

Top Bottom