Mark all private messages as "read" after migration

vkams

My users have hundreds of private messages after migrating from phpBB2. I'd like to remove their "unread" status and so exclude from notification. What should I do?

Thank you again, Brogan!
I have mixed feeling. It is awkward to find out that a question was already asked half a year back. On the other hand, it doesn't please that for half a year this simple option hasn't been included in the distribution kit. It also forces to worry, as it is necessary to wait half a year or even more further? I have found out that another simple possibilities are not included for a long time too :(. Why??

You state that you imported from phpBB2, presumably that was via vB using ImPex?

The problems occur when using a 3rd party importer/software as part of the import.

There isn't an official phpBB2 importer.

I've applied SQL Query from post You referenced with success. But it is obvious that the problem will arise again and again with other migrations, so it should be resolved by developers.

One more question: how to leave many conversations not one by one? I have hundreds of converted private messages and I'd like to remove lots of them.

By the way, how can I purge database from removed conversations and posts?

This is an ImpEx problem. I have done many imports to vBulletin which resulted in the same problem of all PMs being unread. XenForo inherits this problem when you import via ImpEx but those queries fix it.

By the way, how can I purge database from removed conversations and posts?

Here are some queries to prune all PMs:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/imported-conversations.12467/#post-164602

To remove individual PMs from your inbox you need to "leave" the conservation. If all participants in a conversation leave then it will be removed from the database.

Top Bottom