XF 1.4 MariaDB 10

xml

Hi All

I am moving to a new dedicated server but I found out it comes with MariaDB not Mysql.

Whats the difference between MariaDB and MySql in terms of:
1. backup and restore command lines
2. optimization
3. my.cnf file settings

is the same exactly and I can just copy/paste my.cnf content of mysql to matiadb? ( both servers almost the same hardware)

Does it worth it to move from MySql to MariaDB?

If you don't have to have a cPanel setup, then I'd recommend installing CentOS on your server and using @eva2000's CentMin install. It will install nginx (high performance HTTP server), mariaDB, your PHP processor and PostFix for you. Setting the domains up is very easy with it.

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 1.46.56 AM.webp

Nothing

More optimized out the box

Nothing

so Cpanel Updated today and they suggest moving to MariaDB, now I have Percona Server installed, Installed that manually. so I'm not sure if cpanel will upgrade it properly though. I don't want my data being corrupted. and is MariaDB any better then Persona Server??

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 1.34.05 am.webp

I would only upgrade if MariaDB had higher speed as in faster requests, better performance anything to help improve overall site speed and load times...

or even when updating/installing add-ones as I know rebuilding templates is all SQL queries and wish there was something to improve overall query speed..

Top Bottom