1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Manually update notices in the database

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by mmcguire, Jan 23, 2016.

1. mmcguire

mmcguire Member

I want to use the Notices System to alert my users of issues automatically. My forum is for a small town and we have a creek that floods often. I have written a script to automatically pull the creek level. I have an alert that I want to have either active or inactive. When I manually change the active status the UI does not change.

update xf_notice set active = 0 where notice_id = 3;
    I assume this value is cached. Is there a way I can systematically refresh the cache?
  2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

You can call a cache rebuild but I bet if you actually utilize the data writer for the notice system not only can you manipulate it to your hearts desire, it will make all the calls needed after the fact as well.
  3. mmcguire

mmcguire Member

The script already does what I need to do. I was hoping to just refresh the notices cache, but if I need to figure out the data writer to do it I guess I will go that route. I am a DBA with no PHP knowledge. :)