Manual Referral System

Brax

Since the only referral addon (from ragtek) has broken my forums, I'm stuck implementing a more manual process and could use some help.

I want to add a custom field to a users profile where they can enter the forum member that referred them. I would like for the number of people he has referred to show up in their profile. For example, Sally, Bill and Tom put 'Jim' in the who referred you? field. When looking on Jims profile, you would see '3'.

Optionally, it would kick butt if

A) it listed the users that he referred ("Sally, Bill, Tom") in his profile as well and

B) it showed that number under the members avatar on each post he made.

I'm really hoping for some help on this! I'd even be willing to throw a small donation someone's way if need be.

Is there a way to have the Autocomplete feature (like on the Participants field in 'Start a Conversation' page) on a user custom field? I've set up the user field for a referral, it would be a nice touch to autocomplete.

Is there a way to have the Autocomplete feature (like on the Participants field in 'Start a Conversation' page) on a user custom field? I've set up the user field for a referral, it would be a nice touch to autocomplete.

That is not directly supported by custom user fields. Ideally that should be implemented as an addon instead of using the user field system.

It's little bit tricky but possible. You just need some JS to add the autocomplete feature to the field.

something like
Code:
$('.ctrl_custom_field_favorite_feature').addClass('AutoComplete AcSingle');

that's it:)
now you can use the autocomplete feature in the ctrl_custom_field_favorite_feature field

Top Bottom