Not a bug Manual operations with drafts isn't available if user disabled WYSIWYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruzya

Affected version
As said in title. This can be reproduced here.
Just disable WYSIWYG (also called as "Toggle BB code") and try delete or save draft.
1670706211411.webp

This is not a big problem if we're talking about saving draft (because editor saves draft periodically), but we can't delete a saved draft without toggling a BB code mode.

Clear the editor contents and the next automatic draft save (or triggering an ajax action) will result in it being deleted.

👆

Exactly.

If the editor is disabled, so are its controls.

What this probably should be is a suggestion to add draft controls when the editor is disabled.

But on the basis that draft saving is automatic there’s not a super compelling reason to add that functionality as it stands.

Clear the editor contents and the next automatic draft save (or triggering an ajax action) will result in it being deleted.
This requires a waiting the next draft saving. Drafts saves every 60 seconds, if I remember correctly.
Sometimes for user need fast clear a draft and close tab.

If the editor is disabled, so are its controls.
If think like this, then I suggest disable a "Preview" button when user toggles BB code mode, because "editor is disabled", and this button - its control. Agree? :)

What this probably should be is a suggestion to add draft controls when the editor is disabled.
You know this is functionality is used by a small bunch of users, so this suggestion is never receive required upvotes for implementing. This thread is a bug, because draft operations isn't related with inserting/removing BB code, but for some reason obeys this switch. And I don't mentioned also disabled "Undo" and "Redo" buttons in editor, but they can be triggered (unlike operations with a draft) without enabled WYSIWYG, because it just duplicates CTRL + Z and CTRL + Y hotkeys from keyboard.

If this is not a bug, please, explain, why?

This requires a waiting the next draft saving. Drafts saves every 60 seconds, if I remember correctly.
Sometimes for user need fast clear a draft and close tab.
Incorrect. Saving happens a second or two after the last key up event.

If think like this, then I suggest disable a "Preview" button when user toggles BB code mode, because "editor is disabled", and this button - its control. Agree? :)
This button is a special case because previewing is necessary and cannot be done through other means.

You know this is functionality is used by a small bunch of users, so this suggestion is never receive required upvotes for implementing.
Suggestions do not require a minimum number of votes to be considered worthwhile. We’ve regularly implemented suggestions that have had as few as 1 votes.

If this is not a bug, please, explain, why?
Because you’re asking for functionality that simply doesn’t exist and would require additional development to implement. A bug cannot exist simply because functionality is “missing”.

It’s not really up for debate. This bug report has been closed and if you’d like this new feature implemented then I’ve recommended creating a thread in the suggestion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom