Manual Approval of User Accounts

ineedhelp

Hi...

If I do manual approval of new members....... Will they receive an email once their account as been Activated?

And also - Do I deselect the Email activation option? or do I keep it ticked?

If I do manual approval of new members....... Will they receive an email once their account as been Activated?

Yes, they receive an email like this:

<username>,

The account you registered on <board name> has now been approved. You may now view our site as a registered member.

<board url>

Thanks for registering,
<board name>

And also - Do I deselect the Email activation option? or do I keep it ticked?

It's your choice. You can enable both email activation and moderation. They will need to activate their email first before they go into the moderation queue.

Often Registration emails get delivered to the Junk/spam folders and users don't always check or get alerted that they have received an email.

So I want to edit the phrase below and add something like check your email inbox + junk/spam folder

"notice_confirm_email"
Code:
{xen:phrase your_account_is_currently_awaiting_confirmation_confirmation_sent_to_x, 'email={$visitor.email}'}<br />
<a href="{xen:link account-confirmation/resend}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase resend_confirmation_email}</a>

Can the above be edited ?

I changed 1 word and clicked save, it then displays like this, instead of the normal way :confused:

your_account_is_currently_awaiting_confirmation_An_sent_to_x

I changed 1 word just for testing it.

Top Bottom