• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mandatory Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed the application and just to let you know the auto template edit seems to work fine.
The notices also work really well, thank you for that.
I just need to get the location to display in the postbit (registered members only view will be fine) and we 'll be at 100% from my point of view and worthy of a donation (something I don't normally do).
Great job on what you've done so far, thank you!

I've installed the application and just to let you know the auto template edit seems to work fine.
The notices also work really well, thank you for that.
I just need to get the location to display in the postbit (registered members only view will be fine) and we 'll be at 100% from my point of view and worthy of a donation (something I don't normally do).
Great job on what you've done so far, thank you!

Good to hear, and thanks :)

I'll see if I can add the postbit feature.

I'll see if I can add the postbit feature.

Actually, it appears that XenForo can do this by default.

Here's how:
Appearance -> Style Properties -> Message Element -> "Show author location"

man1.webp

I get this, I put the code in the template myself not using the auto installer. Any ideas?

edit: I made a new phrase - MandatoryLocation_your_location_is_required and now it works, not sure why it left out out.

View attachment 23839

I get this, I put the code in the template myself not using the auto installer. Any ideas?

edit: I made a new phrase - MandatoryLocation_your_location_is_required and now it works, not sure why it left out out.
It appears I was editing the wrong template (not the master template) and so my changes didn't get saved to the addon.

I've released a new version 1.1.1 that fixes this. If you are using the auto template option then you don't *need* to upgrade to this.

not using the auto installer.
I should probably point out that it doesn't *add* the code into the template for you. It just adds it on-the-fly into the registration page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom