Managed VPS hosting

garry56

Hi there, I am thinking about getting a xenforo licence as I am very impressed with the software. The problem is that I am not very tech savy with regards to servers and installations but I have been a moderator and quite fancy running my own forum. Anyway I have decided to look for managed VPS hosting so that I don't have to worry about installation etc, a google search comes up with two companies, http://nimbushosting.co.uk but it seems they use plesk panel which I have been told is not as good as Cpanel, and http://xenforohosting.org who as well as a shared package do a VPS with Cpanel and 75gb disk and 4 gig RAM any advice is welcomed.

Everyone will offer a different opinion as to which is best.
Any decent host will be adequate - avoid the cheap over-subscribed shared hosts.

As for the second link in your post, at the very least they are using the XenForo name in their domain name without permission, so I personally wouldn't do business with a company such as that.

Everyone will offer a different opinion as to which is best.
Any decent host will be adequate - avoid the cheap over-subscribed shared hosts.

As for the second link in your post, at the very least they are using the XenForo name in their domain name without permission, so I personally wouldn't do business with a company such as that.
Also, all the other links on their site reference <otherforumsoftware>-hosting.org

They are also hiding their information on whois

Code:
Domain Name:XENFOROHOSTING.ORG
Created On:06-Oct-2013 13:55:23 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Oct-2013 14:16:15 UTC
Expiration Date:06-Oct-2014 13:55:23 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R27-LROR)
Registrant ID:PP-SP-001
Registrant Name:Domain Admin
Registrant Organization:PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Street1:ID#10760, PO Box 16
Registrant Street2:Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Street3:to contact the domain owner/operator
Registrant City:Nobby Beach
Registrant State/Province:Queensland
Registrant Postal Code:QLD 4218
Registrant Country:AU
Registrant Phone:+45.36946676
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:contact@privacyprotect.org

Also, all the other links on their site reference <otherforumsoftware>-hosting.org

Yes looks like they host other forum software too (that's a bit out of my league price wise) as does the first company. Thanks for the input guys.

Do you mean for forum software and hosting? As usual I am trying to get the best possible deal for the least amount of money possible with both cases, I have heard a lot of good things about this software and not that I could afford it some worrying things about that other software, the main negative I have heard about xenforo is a lack of plugins but I am hoping that will improve with time plus the price is attractive.

First post... and it's a plea for their services.
Think I'll keep my dedicated servers and will eventually find a guinea pig to expose to an unmanaged VPS for the very expensive price of free (some restrictions applied). :coffee:

Top Bottom